Lakshmi Mittal @ Executive Chairman of ArcelorMittal
Lakshmi Niwas Mittal is an Indian-born British steel magnate, based in the United Kingdom. He is the Executive Chairman of ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steelmaking company, as well as Chairman of stainless steel manufacturer Aperam
Born: 15 June 1950 (age 72 years), Sadulpur
Organizations founded: ArcelorMittal, Mittal Steel Company, Arcelor, B4U, Mittal Champions Trust, Ispat International
He is a generous philanthropist.
The Mittal Champion Trust was established with a US $ 9 million donation to help ten Indian athletes with world-class potential.
A CSR system has also been established in order to produce safe, sustainable steel.
Achievements and Awards
- Once listed as the richest man in the United Kingdom (in 2011) and the sixth richest in the world, with a personal wealth of US $31.1 billion, he now has a net worth of $16 billion and was ranked 82nd in March 2015. He has numerous honours to his name and is a member of numerous prominent societies.
- In 2007, he was awarded the Padma Vibhushan by India's President.
- King's College London Fellowship
- The Government of Spain bestowed the Grand Cross of Civil Merit on him.
- In 2004, the Wall Street Journal named him Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Forbes Times magazine awarded him "European Businessman of the Year" and included him in their list of the "100 Most Influential People in the World."